Designed for flying enthusiasts, the Private Pilot’s Licence (PPL) is an entry level course that equips you with foundation skills to pilot a single piston-engine aircraft with confidence.
The flight training encompasses 40 hours of basic maneuvering and navigational training – complete with hands-on experience with aircraft. Under the specifications of the CAAM, the course will normally take around twelve (12) weeks to complete on a full time basis.
Upon completion, cadets are licensed to fly single-piston engine aircraft during the day.
PPL Minimum Entry Requirements
- Minimum age of 17
- Fluent in the English language
- Completion of Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) or “O” level equivalent for prospective candidates outside Malaysia
- Completion of a Class II medical examination by a CAAM-approved medical practitioner (Prospective candidates are advised to contact the CAAM for an updated list of medical practitioners-please refer to our FAQs).
The PPL Ground Training encompasses 90 hours of tuition and lectures on fundamental aviation theory, such as:-
- Air Law
- Aircraft General
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Radio Telephony
- Type Tech - Single Engine